Tuesday, February 9, 2016

An Unexpected Surprise

Now at the Trump rally I neglected to mention one smal detail. That I was able to get a picture with the billionaire himself. As the rally ended my friend Hannah and I were going to try and get a picture with Willie Geist, one of our favorite reporters from Morning Joe. But as we got to the top of our sections stairs a woman with the Trump campaign asked us if we wanted to get a picture with him. Of course! I may not agree with 90% of what he says but given the chance to meet the man in person and even get a picture with him was an opportunity I couldn't pass up.

So we waited in line and were lead to the basement of the arena where there was a holding room and more staff members. And then he just appeared. Trump walked in to the room like this was something he had been doing his entire life, talked for about a minute, and then started taking pictures with us. I couldn't believe it. The fact that just hours ago I shook former President Bill Clinton's hand and now I was shaking Donald Trump's was almost too much to comprehend. It was a day that could only have happened in New Hampshire during the presidential primary when the political circus is in town. 

I told you I met him, he even put his arm around me!

No comments:

Post a Comment